Friday, January 1, 2010

One little step

Finally..I've made the bravest decision in 2009. I resigned from my current job as fashion editor for Cosmogirl Indonesia and SPICE! last month. It was a hard decision to make, as I really enjoyed my job despite its long hour and stressful deadline. It took me almost 2 months to tell my bosses about it. Breaking news indeed, as she (my editor in chief) was quite startled and she mentioned, "you know, that's the 30th hmmppffff -the sound of her exhaling dramatically- in the past 2 hours." I know saying goodbye to your dearest friends and cool bosses (mine back then were super cool and incredibly nice) are painful, it's like having your heart broken by the boy you loved, but I must do it in order to go ahead with my career. Working in teenage magazines is fun, as the fashion is very cheerful and full of experiments, but in fashion, one won't go anywhere if she stays in this field forever. You have to do glossy fashion magazine, the real deal. So when ELLE Indonesia contacted me and offered me the job as fashion editor, I think I should take it. So goodbye lovely friends at CosmoGirl & SPICE, and hello to new equally lovely friends at ELLE Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment